New York City Eye Injury Lawyer
Imagine an ice-blue waterfall in Hawaii, a bird’s eye view from a high summit, or witnessing the birth of your first baby. Now imagine not being able to see any of them. Eye injuries affect more than one million people every year. Some 100,000 of the people affected will be disabled because of temporary or permanent vision loss. If you’ve suffered an eye injury, your entire quality of life suffers. Sights others may take for granted, you struggle with on a daily basis. If you’ve suffered an eye injury as the result of someone’s negligence, call the eye injury attorneys with over thirty years of experience prosecuting responsible parties. Michael Gunzburg, P.C only takes a limited number of cases, so we’re able to give our clients our fully focused attention and bring them the largest settlements that they deserve. We’ve secured multi-million dollar settlements for our clients, when they weren’t sure if they’d ever see a single penny. We know your legal rights, what you’re entitled to, and the best angles to fight your legal battle from. Come to us first for a free initial consultation and put your fears to rest.
If you or someone you know has suffered an eye injury, contact an experienced New York Eye Injury Lawyer at the Law Office of Michael Gunzburg today.
When you need a lawyer, get the BIG GUNZTM
Eye injuries in the workplace are very common. That’s why you need clear advice from the New York Eye Injury Lawyers at Michael Gunzburg, P.C. The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) reports about 2,000 U.S. workers sustain job-related eye injuries each day. Employees that work in the fields of construction, welding, manufacturing, mining and auto repair are particularly at risk. Common culprits are chemicals spills, radiation and being hit with projectiles like dust, concrete, metal, wood and other particles.
Thankfully, 90% of eye injuries can be prevented! Consider these ten important reminders from the organization Prevent Blindness America.
- Wash your hands after using household chemicals.
- Wear chemical safety goggles when using hazardous chemicals.
- Turn spray nozzles away from your face.
- Read and follow directions when opening bottle-tops.
- Provide lights and handrails to improve safety on stairs.
- Keep paints, pesticides and fertilizers properly stored in a secure area.
- Wear recommended protective goggles, helmets, and safety gear.
- Use guards on all power equipment.
- Wear ultraviolet (UV)-protective sunglasses and never look directly at the sun (especially during an eclipse), and,
- Wear recommended work-related protective gear.
With respect to keeping children safe:
- Select toys that are appropriate for the child’s age and activity level.
- Provide adequate supervision during activities that use sharp objects.
- Don’t allow a child to play with projectile toys like pellet guns.
- Beware of sharp items in playgrounds and play areas.
- Keep all hazardous cleaning supplies out of the reach of children.
- Keep children away from fireworks.
- Set an example by using the appropriate protective eyewear.
- Keep children away from lawnmowers since debris can be projected.
- At school, teach children to wear protective eye wear during lab class.
Come to the New York Eye Injury Lawyers at Michael Gunzburg, P.C. and see what our experience can do for you. We’ve helped our clients win multi-million dollar settlements. Perhaps your case will be our next success story.
Call us today for your free initial phone conversation at 212-725-8500.
If you or someone you know has suffered an eye injury, contact an experienced New York Eye Injury Lawyer at the Law Office of Michael Gunzburg today!