Close Menu
Free Initial Consultation Call Today!
New York City Medical Malpractice Lawyer
New York City Medical Malpractice Lawyer > New York City Auto Accident Lawyer

New York City Auto Accident Lawyer

We believe that there is nothing more important than your health and well-being. If you are in a motor vehicle accident, it is imperative that you seek proper medical attention immediately.

As experienced New York City Car Accident Lawyers, we feel it is important to document the nature and extent of your accident by calling the police and filing an accident report, recording any additional information regarding the names and telephone numbers of any witnesses, taking photographs of the damage to your car and the other vehicle, if possible, the accident area, and the visible signs of injury to your body.

Based on three decades of car accident experience as New York City Car Accident Lawyers, these simple steps help us handle your case with the car insurance carriers and in Court. Furthermore, we evaluate, analyze and prepare every case we take on as if it will be presented to a jury at trial, even though it may settle. Our mission as New York City Car Accident Lawyers is to give you the best personal service available, communicate with you regularly, and strive to get you the best possible outcome on your case.

Have you or someone you know been in a car or other motor vehicle accident and need a New York City Car Accident Lawyer? Contact Michael Gunzburg, P.C., for a free consultation today. Contact Michael Gunzburg, P.C., for a free consultation today.

Choose An Experienced Car Accident Lawyer!

We handle the following types of car related accidents:

  • Car accidents
  • Motorcycle accidents
  • Side impact accidents
  • Front impact accidents
  • Rear-end accidents
  • Truck accidents
  • Taxi cab accidents
  • Hit-and-run accidents

Regardless of its severity or type, it is important that you contact an experienced New York City Car Accident Lawyer immediately after your incident. As soon as you contact us, you can speak to an experienced and knowledgeable New York City Car Accident Lawyer who will answer your questions and help guide your claim forward.

You have many questions regarding you accident- Who is going to pay for my car damage? Who is going to pay for my time out of work? Am I entitled to medical coverage? We stand ready to answer all of them and help move your claim forward.

New York City Motor Vehicle Accidents FAQ

Who will pay my medical expenses and lost wages?
In a motor vehicle accident, no-fault insurance is usually available to you in New York State and provides a minimum of $50,000 for lost wages and medical expenses. If the driver who caused the accident is uninsured, you could be eligible for coverage from MVAIC (a NYS sponsored insurance group). If the accident happened while you were driving as an employee, you may be eligible for worker’s compensation. This pertains to employees. If you retain us, we will explore the best options available to you for medical coverage and lost wages due to your motor vehicle accident.

If I have been in an accident, what should I do?
Call an ambulance, call the police, and then call us. If possible, take photographs of your car damage and the other vehicles involved in the accident. Take photographs of your injuries, and also the accident scene. Gather the names of witnesses and their telephone numbers, and email addresses. Please provide all of this information to us.

Should I seek medical attention immediately after an accident?
Yes, even if you think your injuries are minor or may go away. No one wants to be in an accident, and people are generally in denial after an accident. But the best way to protect yourself, and your case, is to get medical attention and make sure you don’t need any additional medical treatment for your injuries.

Do I have to talk to my own insurance company?
Yes, notify your insurance company as soon as possible, or they can disclaim coverage. If they request a statement, notify us so beforehand, so we can talk to you and ensure you understand the nature of your statement and its impact on your case.

Will my premiums go up if I’ve been injured and I file a claim with my own insurance company?
No, the claim should not affect your insurance premiums or result in a cancellation of your coverage.

What if another investigator wants to take my statement?
Our policy is not to provide statements to insurance company investigators and other people looking to take statements from our clients. Tell the investigator that you already have an attorney, and refer them to us. Do not make a statement to anyone in person or even over the phone. Investigators and insurance companies record their telephone conversations. These recorded statements can be used against you at the time of your trial. We advise all of our clients not to give any statements to anyone after an accident, as they are not required and can only be used against you later on in your case.

Do I need to have a serious injury to seek compensation in a motor vehicle accident in NYS?
Yes, in New York State you must have a “serious injury” in order to recover compensation for your personal injuries in a motor vehicle accident. If your injuries do not rise to the level of a “serious injury,” your case may be dismissed by a judge. That is why it is important to consult with MICHAEL GUNZBURG, P.C. to ensure that you obtain the right information and guidance for your accident case. We will help guide you through the litigation process and help ensure that your case is properly evaluated and documented to comply with the “serious injury” requirements provided for by law.

What injuries qualify as a serious injury in New York State?
Under the New York State Insurance Law, a “serious injury” is defined as: death; dismemberment; significant disfigurement; a fracture; loss of fetus; permanent loss of use of a body organ, member, function or system; permanent consequential limitation of use of a body organ or member; significant limitation of use of a body function or system; or a medically determined injury or impairment of a non-permanent nature which prevents the injured person from performing substantially all of the material acts which constitutes such persons usual and customary daily activities not less than ninety (90) days during the hundred and eighty (180) days immediately following the occurrence of the injury or impairment.

Many insurance companies look to get cases dismissed early on in the litigation process on the grounds that your claim is not a “serious injury” under the NYS Insurance Law. We help counsel you on these requirements and what is required to avoid having your case dismissed on these grounds.

Serving All Major Boroughs Of New York City

  • Manhattan
  • Brooklyn
  • Queens
  • Bronx
  • Staten Island

Contact Michael Gunzburg, P.C., To Learn More

Whether your accident took place in Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens or Staten Island, Call us at 212-725-8500 to schedule a free initial consultation or submit your information and questions online.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
MileMark Media

© 2024 Michael Gunzburg, P.C. All rights reserved.
This law firm marketing website is managed by MileMark Media.