New York City Citi Bike Accident Lawyer
In the busy streets of New York, bicycle accidents are a frequent occurrence. With the launching of a new bike rental program in New York City, the chances of bike accidents occurring will increase. To keep the number of accidents involving bicyclists down, it is increasingly important to adhere to bike safety rules.
When you need a lawyer, get the BIG GUNZTM
In New York City, residents and tourists are given the opportunity to rent out Citi Bikes. This program makes bike riding more accessible, and because of that, bike accidents are more likely to occur.
To prevent these accidents from occurring, bike riders should follow important safety rules. Some of the rules instructed by the New York City Department of Transportation include:
- Bike riders must have both hands on handlebars
- Bikers must have both feet on the pedal while riding
- Bikes must not carry more than the number of persons the bike is designed to carry
- Bike riders must use bike lane, if provided, except for access, safety, turns, etc.
- No biking on the sidewalk unless permitted by signs OR wheels are less than 26 inches in diameter and the rider is 12 years old or younger
- Bikes must have working breaks
- Bikers must use a white headlight and red taillight from dusk to dawn
At Michael Gunzburg, P.C., our personal injury lawyer can help you understand these, and many other, bicycle safety rules. Following these rules will help prevent an individual from receiving a bike injury.
However, if you have been injured in a bike accident, we can evaluate the evidence surrounding the accident, using our knowledge of New York City bike safety regulations to show that you followed the rules and are entitled to compensation for you injuries. We will help you navigate the complexities surrounding bike accident cases, and help you get the compensation you deserve.
Contact Our Law Firm To Learn More
To learn more about the impact of bike safety regulations and the bike rental program on your bike accident claim, contact our New York City attorney at 212-725-8500. We offer a free initial consultation.