New York City Children’s Camp Accident Lawyer
Under most circumstances, a camping trip produces little anxiety for a family. Save the occasional pesky mosquitoes and ants, there are typically few things to worry about. But the great outdoors produces great unknowns, and some things can cause more problems on your child’s camping trip than mere mosquitoes. Slips and falls, falling trees, lightening storms, drownings, concussions, hypothermia and animal attacks are some of the more serious hazards of camping. Twisted ankles are one of the most common ailments encountered on children’s camping adventures. Hiking through unknown terrain can be a recipe for disaster if kids are eager to play and not paying attention to the ground under their feet. A known decaying tree can fall and cause injuries. If your child or family member has been injured while camping, call an experienced Child Camping Accident Lawyer in New York. Michael Gunzburg, P.C. has experience in New York Camping Accident Laws. We know that there’s nothing more frustrating than needing answers quickly during a time of crises. Find out your legal rights and what type of compensation you may be entitled to receive.
When you need a lawyer, get the BIG GUNZTM
A Child Camping Accident Lawyer can also help with:
- Child Accident
- Child Car Accident
- Child Bus Accident
- Child Bike Accident
- Child Medical Malpractice
- Child Playground Accident
- Freshman Hazing
- School Child Accident
- Child Sexual Abuse
We recognize that even the best laid plans can go awry. That’s the very nature of an accident-it’s often unpredictable. Consider the randomness of a recent case in 2006 where Jose Cruz was fatally shot while using the outhouse at a camp in Columbia, New York! If your child has suffered an unpredictable accident, they deserve the help of an experienced law firm like Michael Gunzburg, P.C. We have a select, dedicated group of qualified Child Camping Accident Lawyers ready to hear from you and assist you with your case. Our New York Children’s Camping Accident Lawyers know the current legal lingo and who’s responsible for your child and family’s misfortune. We’ll help you recover the most money that you’re entitled to, and we’ll do it with the personal attention you deserve.
The old adage states that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of a cure. Camping trips are no exception. The American Red Cross has some basic guidelines for you and your child to follow before embarking on a camping trip. Follow these recommendations to reduce your risk of being injured while camping:
- Discuss your camping plans with your doctor beforehand and get their approval before taking the trip, especially if you have any medical conditions.
- Review the gear, supplies and skill set that you’ll need. Think: What if you got lost, encounter an animal, become ill or injured? Are you prepared to handle inclement weather? Add to your hiking checklist the supplies you would need to deal with these situations.
- Have the skills you need for your camping trip. You may need to know how to read a compass, create a temporary shelter or give first aid. Practice ahead so you’re prepared.
- Get into good physical condition before you go out on the camping trip.
- Make plans for proper acclimatization to altitude if you’re climbing in high altitudes.
- Hike or camp with at least one companion. Have a minimum of 4 people in your group-one person to wait with you while 2 others seek help if you’re hurt.
- Bring someone familiar with the area-at the very least speak to people who are familiar with the area beforehand.
- Make any necessary reservations and get any permits beforehand. If an area is closed, do not go there.
- Find out about regulations in advance-there may be rules about campfires or guidelines about wildlife.
- Pack emergency signaling devices, and know ahead of time the location of the nearest telephone or ranger station in case an emergency does occur on your trip.
- Leave a copy of your itinerary with a responsible person, including your car’s make, year, and license plate, list all equipment, anticipated weather and expected return date.
- Get trained in American Red Cross First Aid before starting out.
If despite your best efforts you’ve been the victim of a camping accident, call us today! We are New York children’s camping accident lawyers ready to help you. We can tell you exactly what you’re entitled to, what to expect during the legal process, and guide you from start to finish. We give every client the personal attention that their case deserves-no matter the claim.
Experience our commitment for yourself by calling us for your free initial consultation at 212-725-8500 or contact us online at www.gunzburglaw.com.
If your child has been hurt at a playground due to the owner’s negligence, we can help! You need a New York City children’s camping accident lawyers.
Michael Gunzburg is a children’s camping accident lawyer serving the New York Metropolitan area, including New York City, Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Rockland and Orange County.