AtMichael Gunzburg, P.C., we find that in many of our cases, especially in medical malpractice matters, our clients want to know what happened to them, and more importantly, why the negligent incident occurred. Sometimes the knowledge of why an unfortunate event occurred is a lot more powerful in the healing process than anything else, including money. Many times, our clients also want their lives back.
Our goal is not just to get our clients the compensation they deserve, but to help them heal from their injuries and give them their lives back.
We have three decades of extensive experience handling medical malpractice cases. We recognize that not all doctors are negligent. However, there are instances where doctors, nurses and hospitals are negligent and fail to adhere to community standards of care, and that their negligence results in serious and permanent injuries to their patients. We stand ready to help you not only get compensation for your injuries but find out what really happened, and why it happened.
Are you a victim of medical malpractice looking for a New York City medical malpractice attorney? Contact us by email or telephone for a free consultation today.
When you need a lawyer, get the BIG GUNZTM
Ultimately, many of our best clients tell us that it wasn’t so much that we were able to prove that their doctors were negligent, but why they were negligent that meant more to them. We understand the dynamics of medicine, hospitals, medical practices, doctors, nurses and also people. We know what goes on behind the scenes in medical offices, hospital operating rooms and other places where medical care is rendered to patients like you.
If you want the right results, get a Knowledgeable New York City Medical Malpractice Attorney
Hospital errors typically arise when a physician, nurse or other medical care professional:
- Commits a surgical mistake
- Makes a mistake that leads to a birth injury
- Performs negligently in a nursing home
- Negligently prescribes medications
- Improperly uses a medical technique
- Uses a device and fails to tell the patient
- Delays performance of a necessary procedure
- Negligently performs a procedure
- Fails to diagnosis an obvious or known condition
- Misdiagnoses an obvious condition
- Delays diagnosis of a known condition
- Uses unsanitary surgical tools
- Makes an incorrect incision
- Punctures or perforates an organ
- Performs surgery on the wrong organ, site or side
- Performs unnecessary surgery
- Delays surgical treatment
- Fails to disclose significant risks
- Fails to obtain informed consent
- Negligently fails to properly care for a patient
- Commits Anesthesia errors
- Gynecological mistakes
- Obstetrical negligence
- Organ or bowel perforation or punctures
- Pharmacy mistakes
- Post-operative infections
- Medication errors
- Decubitus bed sores
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Birth Injuries
- Erbs Palsey
- Cerebral Palsey
- Acupuncture mistakes
- Chiropractic errors
- Fails to obtain complete patient information, including allergies, medication, previous diagnoses and lab results
In order to effectively and successfully prosecute a medical malpractice case, you need a good solid understanding of the medicine surrounding the claim. But in order to get to the truth as to what really happened and why it happened, you need a solid understanding of the underlying medicine and the people involved in the delivery of the medical services. We bring this understanding to your case.
Most medical malpractice cases are heavily litigated and well-defended by well-financed insurance companies. The defense lawyers are also smart, meticulous and some of the best lawyers available in the field. That is why it’s so important to retain an attorney who has the extensive experience as a New York City medical malpractice lawyer.
At Michael Gunzburg, P.C., we have 30 years of experience prosecuting a variety of medical malpractice cases throughout New York State. We rely on experienced, well trained and board-certified physicians and nurses who help us examine the medical records and begin to piece together the puzzle of what really happened during the deliver of medical services to you, and also help us determine why the malpractice happened to you. We handle only a limited number of medical malpractice cases so that we can devote our time to analyzing and understanding your case, and invest our financial resources into securing you the maximum compensation available.
Contact Michael Gunzburg, P.C., To Learn More
If you or a loved one experienced medical malpractice in Manhattan, Brooklyn, The Bronx, Queens, or Staten Island, call us at 212-725-8500 or 212-725-8500 to schedule a free initial consultation or submit your information and questions online.